Smart Breeding: Faster development of better strains
The new sequencing possibilities have started a new era for breeders. For the first time, important genes for a trait can be identified precisely and at low costs in almost any organism. The transition of high-throughput-sequencing data into useful information for breeders is one of our main goals and is documented in many successful collaborations.
We help you to:
Identifiy important genes involved in a trait
Find highly cosegregating genetic markers for these genes
Establish genetic maps
Design ready to use markers
Your advantage as breeder:
- Fast access to relevant information
- Lowest cost because of focussed approaches on the relevant genetic information
- No prerequisites: no laboratory, no bioinformatics-know how required
- Fast and cost efficient identification of thousands of gene-specific markers
- Identification of introgressed genes
- Identification of resistance genes
- Identification of genes responding to biotic or abiotic stress
- de novo sequencing at highest efficiency using hybrid sequencing
- Genotyping by sequencing
- Marker Assisted Selection (MAS)
- high resolution genome mapping
We support your research with our high-throughput DNA- and RNA-sequencing combined with intelligent sample preparation and bioinformatics. Our team of experienced molecular biologists and bioinformaticians guide you competently from project planning up to data analysis. Here we stand out by our experience with variable materials, even at very low quantities.
As sole commercial provider world-wide we involve a technique that excludes PCR artifacts (“TrueQuant”), and delivers quantitatively precise data of e.g. gene expression or microRNAs for the first time. TrueQuant additionally corrects sequencing errors and therefore warrants a reliable definition of polymorphisms for e.g. the development of markers.
Our most highly demanded technique in the field of plant research is the cost-effective, innovative MACE technology for high-resolution analysis of gene expression and simultaneous genotyping, a smart alternative to microarrays and RNA-Seq.